Egypt launches new landscaping endeavour



Egypt launches new landscaping endeavour

More than 46,000 palm trees, both fruiting and non-fruiting, have been planted by the government

Assem El-Gazzar, Minister of Housing, Utilities, and Urban Communities, announced that approximately 46,000 fruiting and non-fruiting trees, as well as palm trees, had been planted by the government in the Capital Park of the New Administrative Capital (NAC). This is reported by
Ahram Online.

The 10-kilometre park spans over 1,000 hectares and provides recreational spaces. Of this area, 65 per cent is manicured, and the remaining 35 per cent is used for sports, cultural, and aquatic amenities.

The presidential programme to plant 100 million trees includes this project as part of its second phase.

This will treble the nation’s green space area while adjusting to the unique climate of each province, particularly in light of the recent spike in summer temperatures.





Share your love